Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me! Click the link (once a day...please) to vote!

Monday, September 12, 2011

Do what you love

For as long as I can remember I have tried to "find" what I was good at, or what made me happy. I have always wanted to take classes or learn something new, I have had a thousand career goals and many unfinished "projects". To me there has always been 2 kinds of people, the kind who are naturally talented. and the kind who work hard to perfect a talent. I never felt that I was either. I have been labeled "funny", but to most I'm pretty loud and annoying. I am not sure if the humor that I give off is even intentional, as most of the time people are laughing at me and not with me.

Once I became a mother my passion for success grew bigger, I wanted my child to look at me with a sense of pride, and for me to be her inspiration. Being that I was a single mother I also felt an obligation to teach my daughter that women can be anything. I wanted to rule the world.

I tried different business ideas, trades, full time jobs, and a few direct sales opportunities. Nothing ever fit for me.

Once I met James and his girls I was ready to give up. I thought being home with kids, volunteering at school, making meals, cleaning...the list goes on, would make me the best mom ever. But that feeling of wanting to "be" something was still there. Some people play an instrument, paint, run successful businesses, whatever their talent, I'm sure it helps define who they are.

Talents can be right in front of our faces, we may not recognize it as something that we are good at because it is natural to us, or acquired over time as a habit. This blog has taught me that. I love writing, I have always loved writing. It makes me feel good, and I can express myself far better than I ever could in words. This is my talent. I may not be extraordinary or ever get on the new york times best seller list, but this is what I have been looking for all along. So open your eyes, figure out what you love and do it because when you are doing something that you love it makes your whole world a little happier :)

PS my next post will be extra sarcastic...

2 comments:

  1. First post I've read of yours and I completely understand. My daughters have just started school full-time and I'm all "now what?" I too want to be an inspiration and role model to my girls, find that thing that speaks to me and that I'm passionate about. I also love writing but only as a hobby. The minute there is any kind of pressure with writing I stop loving it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll figure it out. Good for you that you are taking the time, I think as parent's we sometimes forget about ourselves. Truth is the happier we are, the happier our kids are - its a cycle :) Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete