Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me! Click the link (once a day...please) to vote!

Friday, August 10, 2012

Different...but the same.

People always ask me "how do you do it with five??"

Five children is really no different than one, or none.

My five children keep me busy, make me happy, stress me out, cause confusion, make me laugh, make me cry, and fill my heart, mind and soul with goodness and sometimes other not so happy feelings.  One child can do these same things.  A job, a parent, a partner, and even a struggle of some sort can have a similar affect on your life. 

Each day is a balancing act regardless of your calling.

Like most, I tend to forget this when I am consumed by my own life.

I think how hard simple things like going to the store can be, or how every time (and I mean everytime) I go out somewhere, I get stared at and asked in a shocking tone "ARE THEY ALL YOURS??".  Some days I laugh it off, other days this question strikes a cord with me.

Yes five are more expensive than one, at times louder than two, on occasion messier than three or even ten but no different than none.

Those days when someone with none feels consumed with joy by the love they share with a spouse, a friend or a family member, I too have.

Those days when someone with one feels alone and defeated,  I have experienced as well.

We all have our trials, and our triumphs regardless of who or what consumes us,

I have thought "oh she has no children and doesn't get it" or "He is a man, and doesn't understand"

She may be suffering in a way that I have never felt.
He could have the weight of the world on his shoulders.

We are all facing a challenge and may be able to relate to one another in more ways than we realize.

We all need encouragement, praise and empathy.  We all need to feel appreciated, important and understood.

I don't know how YOU do it.  Whatever you are doing.  

12 comments:

  1. An old neighbor of mine once told me (when I was pregnant with child #2) that one is like none and 2 is like 10. Oh how right he was, but knowing so many who can't conceive, I wouldn't trade my 2 for the world.

    Teri
    Snarkfest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tell my girlfriends with 1 that they have it just as hard as me...a mom is a mom :) and I'm glad you wouldn't trade yours...I guess I woudnt trade mine either ;)

      Delete
  2. We never know what goes on behind closed doors and we can never walk in someone else's shoes. I too am often asked how I do it, four children under five including a set of twins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right, we all wear very different shoes. You have got your hands full! I only have one under 5, the others are between 5 and 9, and a little more self sufficient. Kuddos to you! keep up the good work!

      Delete
  3. Following from Mom's Monday Mingle!

    I was just about to ask you how you did it too!!

    Please stop by & say Hello, if you haven't already. (And follow)

    Kristina
    http://www.yomichaelmichael.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow! I will check you out too :)

      Delete
  4. I feel ya girlfriend. You put it beautifully. Your newest follower from the Monday Mingle.
    Anissa from Chasing Hailey
    http://chasinghailey.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I appreciate you reading my blog and am glad that you are able to relate. Juggling our responsibilities takes so much practice, I am far from great at this. Give your self credit for all the things that you excel at, you are a well spoken, intelligent woman. I am glad that you found me and hope you enjoy my future posts...even the really silly ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. follow you thru GFC and came from the mom's monday mingle #15

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed reading this! I only have one child right now and I'm nervous of having more :) My mom always says something similar.. You don't know how you do it, you just do!

    I'm your newest follower from the Monday Mingle!
    followme@ www.studentswife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be nervous, your mom is right, you figure it out :)

      Thanks for the follow, following back!

      Delete