Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me! Click the link (once a day...please) to vote!

Sunday, July 29, 2012

To-Didn't list

This weekend I had a ton of stuff to do.....but I....to didn't.

I have an extreme case of short term motivation.  I had ADHD way before it was cool to take Ritalin. I get distracted more often than a two year old trying to playing tennis and have the attention span of...oooo look at that!

I was literally in the middle of moping my floor when I sat down to start writing this post.  Only half of my kitchen floor is eligible for the "5 minute rule".

I have such good intentions, I come up with pretty good ideas, but my follow through is horrible.  

People constantly tell me that I look upset, "smile!" they say.  I am thinking people!! I am focusing, if I smile I will start to think about things that make me happy, and then I completely lose my train of thought.  I have a train in my head alright...and its going straight to crazy town.

Even though I really didn't get much knocked of my list (I have several unfinished lists), the weekend was pretty great.

James had the whole weekend off and we enjoyed a lot of family time. He took the kids fishing, I stayed home to do something but I ended up doing nothing.  We grilled, well he grilled.  He cooked a huge Sunday breakfast.  I am starting to feel like I was kind of a lazy ass this weekend....

Normally I would feel very guilty about this, but I don't.  My kids are (semi)clean, ate multiple meals, played A LOT, did not have any accidents...not harmful one's for that matter, the dog is still alive...oh crap I forgot to take the trash out on Saturday...I guess I do suck as a parent.

OK so I now have a very smelly garage, and one more thing to add to my list (Lysol garage ASAP)
but if I were running around all weekend doing things like the mom I wish I were, I would of missed out on all the fun that everyone else was having, so I am glad that sometimes I just to-don't.

If you like my blog please go check out my FB page...and if you don't...well lucky for me there isn't a dislike button on FB yet

If you REALLY like my blog then please VOTE for me by clicking on the lady at the top of my page :)




3 comments:

  1. Hi! I am a new follower from the Mom's Monday Mingle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am Annie and I hopped over from the Mom's Mingle. I was totally cracking up while reading this! HA HA! How did you get inside of my head? Glad to know that I am not the only "to-didn't" mama out there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. checked out your blog too and following :) I am convinced that no one ever really finishes their to-do list, as long as we all make it through another day right?

      Delete