Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me! Click the link (once a day...please) to vote!

Saturday, April 30, 2011

End in sight...

So spring break is finally coming to an end...its bittersweet (mostly sweet...98.9% sweet). I had a nice time with the kids, but I think schools were created for the sanity of mothers everywhere. I can handle a weekend, even a 3 day weekend, but 10 consecutive days is a bit much. There were highs and lows, laughs and cries, and hopefully in the end not too much long term damage.

So to sum up our week:

We spent a few days in south Florida, I crammed as much as I could in, but forgot that my mini-van has exactly enough seats for the amount of children I have, so inviting other people's children was a less than intelligent idea. After loaning a few of my kids to a friend and taking back an invite from another parent, I was able to allow my girls some alone time.

While down south, I took Kaylee and her friend to build-a-bear, and only felt guilty for leaving the others home until we got to the register. I can afford 2 kids...actually I can even afford 3, its those last 2. I am going to write a book titled "you know you have to many kids when..." For example, James priced out a Disney cruise the other day, 5 nights was 19,000..yes 19,000...nineteen thousand dollars. Best part, that only included 3 of our children. How do you explain that "Honey daddy and mommy like you, we just don't love you, so your going to stay home with grandma and grandpa while we go on an awesome vacation". I did however promise Audrey that I would take her to build-a-bear another day because she was very upset. Unfortunately, she has asked me every day if its "another day", so we may have to make that trip sooner...hold on she's asking me if we can go now...OK so as I was saying, I may need to take her there sometime this week.

After doubling the water bill, eating most of the food in my parents house and breaking a bulb on my parents chandelier we decided to wrap up our trip and got home on Wednesday. When we got back, I somehow managed to get some "spring cleaning" done, while my children did some "spring messing" so basically the house looks exactly the same.

In other news...I started couponing about 2 weeks ago and saved 50% on my grocery bill this week! I would blog about it but I just steal all my skills from other peoples blogs...so it would be very repetitive. If your interested here are a few sites that I go to:

http://www.couponmom.com/
http://www.shopathome.com/
http://www.afullcup.com/


Well, James is off today so we are having family time...or daddy and kids time...we will see how it works out :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment